Macao Accounting and Finance Association (MAFA) is a not-for-profit scholarly organization which was registered and set up in 2006 following the Macao relevant regulations (Its bylaws were published on Macao Official Gazette Series 2 page 9950-9951, October 4th, 2006).
It was founded by a group of professors of accounting, finance and economics, from universities in Macau including University of Macau, Macau University of Science and Technology, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Institute for Tourism Studies, and University of Saint Joseph，etc. Our current members include,
- Professors of accounting, finance and economics from universities,
- Professionals working in accounting firms, financial institutes, other companies and government in Macau, and
- Students who are studying accounting, finance and economics in universities in Macau.
The Purpose of the Association is to encourage research and academic exchange in the areas of accounting, finance and economics in Macau and outside the region. Its main activities consist of the following:
- International conference /Symposiumon accounting and finance in Macao
- Workshops, gathering, and training for members